Meditations came highly recommended by Peter, the artist who has created a lot of artwork for my books, after I told him I had begun to read Greek philosophy. This book has not disappointed me and I’d recommend it to pretty much anyone. It’s full of good advice and views on life that make everything seem a lot simpler and less important, in a good way.
This book in a nutshell:
1. Try to accept the things in life as they are.
2. Be aware of the fact that we’re only truly capable of affecting that which resides inside of us, our mind.
3. You’re only a speck of dust in the entirety of all of space and time, nothing more.
4. Death is a part of life and you should not fear it, but welcome it.
5. Don’t bother yourself with the opinions of what others think about you. Be the best person you can be and don’t let anyone drag you down.
I could go on forever about this book, because it contains so many well written verses, but I won’t. You’ll have to read it for yourself and see if there’s anything within these texts that you can utilize in your own life.